Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 50 mins
Family Chocolate Cake
170g Golden Caster Sugar
140g Self Raising Flour
85g Chocolate Powder (preferrably Cadbury's)
3 Large Eggs
1. Pre heat oven to 180 C (if there’s a lot then do 200C)
2. Whisk eggs with a mixer for 2 mins until bubbles appear on top.
3. weigh and add all the ingredients to the mixing bowl, mix on a medium speed while adding 3 table spoons of boiling water . Whisk for 3-5 mins you will notice the mixture will get lighter in colour.
4. Grease and line a 18cm cake tin, pour in the cake mixture evenly.
5. Place cake tin in the middle of the preheated oven and bake for 50 mins (don't open the oven door the cake will collapse).
6. Test the cake with a skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is done. Leave to cool for 10 mins and serve on its own or with ice cream and strawberries.