Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
Lemon Drizzle Cake
175g Golden Caster Sugar
175g Self Raising Flour
3 Large Eggs
3 Large Lemons
3-4 table spoons of icing sugar
1. Pre heat oven to 180 C (if there’s a lot then do 200C)
2. Whisk eggs with a mixer for 2 mins until bubbles appear on top.
3. Zest all the lemons, put zet in a small bowl, juice the lemons into a separate bowl (remembering to remove any pips).
4.Weigh and add all the ingredients (except for zest and juice) to the mixing bowl, mix on a medium speed while adding half the juice and 2/3 of the zest . Whisk for 3-5 mins you will notice the mixture will get lighter/pale in colour.
4. Grease and line a 18cm cake tin and pour in the cake mixture evenly into the tin (your can use an loaf tin as an alternative).
5. Place cake tin in the middle of the preheated oven and bake for 250 mins (don't open the oven door before 20 mins or the cakes will collapse).
6. Test the cake with a skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is done. Leave to cool for 10 mins.
7. Make the drizle by combining the remaining lemon juice and icing sugar (sieved) together to make a runny icing and pour on the cake while still warm.
8. Use the remaining zest to decorate.