Prep: 10 mins
Sweet potato and butternut squash recipe
1 (large) sweet potato
1 butternut squash
Oil (sun flower or veg)
Salt and black pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 180 C (if there’s a lot then do 200C)
2. Wash sweet potato and cut the sweet potato into slices about 1 -2 cm thick sections and then cube put in a large bowl.
3. Cut the skin off the butternut squash and cute the same at the sweet potato (remember to remove the seeds) and put in the bowl.
4. Add seasoning to the bowl – 1.5 tsp of garlic granules, 1.5 tsp of chilli flakes, 1 tsp paprika. Add as much oil as needed to lightly coat all the contents of the bowl (probably about 3 tbsp) and mix until everything is mixed.
5. Pour contents of the bowl into a baking tray and evenly salt and black pepper it (I prefer to do a lot of black pepper).
6. Put in the oven and turn them every 10-15 mins. Total cooking time should be 45-50 mins. But judge it on when they are soft and look done.