Prep: 20 mins
Cooking: 35-50 mins
Triple Chocolate Toffee Crisp Brownies
200g plain chocolate
4 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g butter, softened
550g caster sugar
100g self-raising flour
50g plain flour
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
6 bars of Toffee Crisp
2 bag of white chocolate chips
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 bag of dark chocolate chips
Heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and line your tin (about 20cm by 30cm tray) with parchment.
Chop the toffee crisp bars into 1 cm cubes and put in a bowl with the chocolate chips.
3. Put the vanilla, butter and sugar into a large bowl and beat till well combined. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating all the while.
4. Sift both types of flour and the cocoa powder into the bowl then add the melted chocolate and stir all the ingredients well.
5. Pour about 5cm of water into a saucepan and heat it. When the water starts to bubble place a heat-proof bowl on top of the pan. Add chocolate and stir till melted. Take bowl off of pan and set aside.
6. Stir the toffee crisp chunks and chocolate chips into the mixture (it will be very thick). Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and smooth with the back of your spoon.
7. Bake the brownies for 35 minutes or until they have formed a nice crust on top, but they are still soft in the middle.
8. Leave the brownies for 1 hour, then cut them into squares. They may be too gooey to get complete squares, if you so may require cooling overnight.