Veggie Korma Recipe
Serves 3-4 people
Half a bag of Spinach
1 bag of Sugar Snaps
1 Garlic clove
2 tables spoons of Vegetable Oil
1 packet Creamed Coconut
¼ pint water - Vegetable Stock
1 squeeze Tomato Puree
½ pint Warm Milk
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Ground ginger
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Brown sugar
1 tbsp Curry powder
*this goes great with Basmati rice, please allow cooking time for rice separately
1. Peel potato, rough chop peppers, potato and aubergine into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces.
2. Steam the potato cubes for 5-10 minutes (until soft but firm) and set to the side.
3. Measure out all the seasonings.
4. Warm the milk (not boiling) and add spices, sugar, stock, tomato puree and creamed coconut until the coconut has dissolved.
5. Dice the onions and finely chop garlic, then fry onions and garlic together in a large pan until soft.
6. Add the combined milk spices etc to the pan with the onions and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
7. Add the vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes (you can add the vegetables according to how raw you like them, I prefer to add the raw spinach in at the very end with the sugar snaps to add a bit of crunch!).