Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
175g Golden Caster Sugar
175g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp of vanilla essence
3 Large Eggs
1.5 tsp of baking powder
1 punnet of fresh raspberries/strawberries
1. Pre heat oven to 180 C (if there’s a lot then do 200C)
2. Whisk eggs with a mixer for 2 mins until bubbles appear on top.
3. Weigh and add all the ingredients to the mixing bowl, mix on a medium speed while adding table spoons of boiling water if needed. Whisk for 3-5 mins you will notice the mixture will get lighter in colour.
4. Grease and line a two15cm cake tins, divide and pour in the cake mixture evenly between the tins.
5. Place cake tin in the middle of the preheated oven and bake for 25 mins (don't open the oven door before 20 mins or the cakes will collapse).
6. Test the cake with a skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is done. Leave to cool for 45 mins.
7. Make a buttercream and use the fresh raspberries/strawberries to fill and stack the cake.
8. Dust with icing sugar for decoration